Who are we?
We are Young Ambassadors for the Young Person’s Advisory Service.
What do we do?
Our role is to represent the voice of young people, both locally, regionally and nationally.
How do we do this?
We work in partnership with the YPAS Participation Workers and we meet regularly at YPAS to plan our involvement in decision making activities. We also travel to events to influence key decision makers.
Why do we do this?
- We want to make sure that young people are at the heart of all decisions that affect them
- We want to have a collective voice in our service and wider society
- We want to develop confidence and new skills for our future
- We want to educate others about the needs of young people
- We want to influence and improve services for young people
- We want to reduce the stigma around mental health and ensure that young people’s mental health remains a priority