What is Flourishing Families?
Flourishing Families is a whole family approach therapeutic service aimed at families with children and young people aged 5 – 25 living in a Liverpool City postcode. Each member of the family will be assessed on their own needs and the appropriate intervention is offered to support the family member.
Flourishing Families can support with:
- Behaviour improvement
- Improve social and emotional wellbeing
- Reduce vulnerability and victimisation which could lead to bullying, criminality, violence
- Prevent offending behaviours which could include bullying, criminality, violence
- Enable recovery from trauma and adversity
- Improve access to opportunities
- For employment and training
- Improving family attachment and relationships
- Supporting with therapeutic recovery from trauma and adversity
- Reducing isolation and increasing engagement in the community
- Supporting children, young people, and families to receive the support they need engage with services
- Empowering families to recognise and reduce vulnerabilities which could be related to adversity or trauma
How do I know if my family is suitable for this service?
Families with children or adolescents aged between 5 and 25 years presenting with internalised or externalised signs of having experienced trauma and/or adversity.
Please ensure referrals are for families with Liverpool City postcode.
This should include two or more of the following experiences:
- Victimisation: Bullying, ASB, violence, community trauma
- Child/Adolescent to parent violence
- Domestic Abuse
- Parental Conflict
- Witness of a violent incident
And any of the following presentations:
- Sibling or parental offending
- Parental/carer mental health
- Parent/carer alcohol or substance misuse
- Risk of school exclusion and/or low school attendance
- Risk of entering or remaining in care
- Child & Young Person’s mental health & wellbeing inclusive of Neurodiverse Conditions
How do we get support?